Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Skinny by New Years

I have Sirrius Radio in the car and they play the most bizarre commercials. One of them is for this weight loss pill. Take it and night and sleep your weight away. It will fall off as you sleep. You'll be skinny by New Year. The web page is really something like skinnypill.com

Yea right. Give me a break.

Now this does make me think of this year's class actually. They just don't want to work. Every year, I have some students who are resistant to working, but this class has much larger numbers. If I give a challenging problem, the whines rise. Instead of using spare time to do assignments, they create spare time. I've had to change my teaching order because visiting is rampant. I always issue a challenge to students to not cut off educational opportunities today that will limit what they can do with their education in the upcoming years because they have no clue what God has planned for them, and still they look for opportunities to cut out problems, look for ways to visit, not start class on time, don't do their homework . . . Generalities of course - but larger than in the past. Skinny education.

No comments: