Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Gift

We went to Texas for the weekend to see Brandon. Whirlwind trip. He starred in Southcliff's Christmas program.

Divorced dad. Co-worker gives him a DVD of the Christmas program. Nothing good on TV so he watches it. In the meantime, he finds out that his children won't be coming home for Christmas. He thinks of Christmases past - better Christmases. He realizes he needs more, that he needs Jesus, and calls his co-worker to talk.




On a reflective note, my son is grown. He has finished seminary. He has waited patiently on a ministerial role. In this performance, he played not only a man, but a mature one at that. I realized watching him in this role how much I miss him - seeing him on a regular basis. He is a fine actor. He will be a fine youth minister.

4 comments:

Kat said...

Oh Bitsy, you are so blessed. Looks like the play was great!

Jack Of All Trades said...

Kat! The play was wonderful! When they showed the video of the young family in more loving times and then moved back the the grieving father, I was in tears. I thin I would have been in tears even if Brandon had not been the lead actor! It was simple and very well presented!

Celia said...

I agree, it looks great! Love your pictures, Bitsy! Very handsome son you have there!

tcrob said...

Yes, I'm loving it too! God bless.