Tuesday, December 16, 2008

TNIV

I broke down and bought one. I'd been putting it off because the last one I bought, the ESV, was a disappointment (although technically fine), and I just didn't want to spend any more money on another version just to be disappointed again. BUT a couple of guys on the BaptistBoard (T.C. and Rippon) kept insisting I wouldn't be, so off to the store I went.

With Matthew under my belt, I can safely say that so far I'm happy. I do wish I hadn't bought the Study Bible though. There is only so much - so many places the notes can go and with several of those already. . . . Well, maybe it's the time of day I read. I'm finding the notes more distracting than helpful.

But so far, I do like TNIV.

1 comment:

tcrob said...

Bitsy, I'm so glad that you broke down and bout the TNIV.

It read well, and it's accurate.

Rippon and I are so proud of you (smiley goes here).