Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Beyond the call of duty

I was walking out of the counselor's office (across the hall from my classroom)

WHAM!

Well, that's just how fast things happen don't they! I got hit by a running kid. A kid who was supposed to be sitting in my class. Since I was a few minutes late, he thought he could sneak off to his locker like The Flash. I was still halfway in the door so it didn't knock me over. I was knocked into the door frame. He's sprawled all over the floor laughing. I'm not. It surprised me. I'm trying to figure out if I'm hurt, if he's hurt. People come running. At least my class has the good sense to act concerned.

Now I'm feeling a bit like I've been in an accident - sore from head to toe. I do hope the kid's ok . . . We had a wreck - minus the vehicles.

No comments: