Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What happens to old or even not so old books?

Every year in the Media Center, I have to prune books. We have a large, beautiful space and even then there is not enough room to keep every book known to man. I'd like to, but the fact remains that some books become out dated, some books just don't get checked out. Some books are never checked out. How sad. I buy some books, process them, and there they sit for ages. They become yellow, dusty, pitiful from just sitting.

The used book sales area of the media center has grown - partly due to donations that we just don't need. (Would you like a Left Behind book? How about Joel Osteen?) BUT it's also partly due to this pruning that must also occur. One of my goals for this upcoming year is to try to read more of these books myself. Some of the books that come off the shelf are EXCELLENT! It's hard though - just to find the time found to buy and catalog them . . .



Visit our Media Center

No comments: