Thursday, July 26, 2007

Skip Prosser


Skip Prosser died at age 56. And it hit close to home. I saw the man in person week in and week out in winter. I saw him on TV even more. I drove by Wake Forest on a nearly daily basis. I've taken classes on campus. I took kids to competitions there. I have friends who are graduates. He was four years younger than my husband. We have less than the six degrees of separation.

I could hardly wait until Ron got home to tell him dozens of things that night. I love him. He means the world to me. He's my partner, my encourager, OH how the list could go on and on. God's gift that I never expected. He knows those things, but I had to tell him because the fact of the matter is that like Nancy Prosser, tomorrow, Ron could go to work and I could get that phone call. Or it could be the other way around.

I don't want to take him for granted.

No comments: